About Our Law Firm
Understanding Fair Trading Contracts
The Fair Trading Contract is a standardised building contract issued by the New South Wales government, aimed at creating a balanced agreement between homeowners and builders. It is particularly relevant for residents of North Sydney and its surrounding suburbs. The contract is updated routinely to align with legislative changes and industry standards.
Key features include a well-defined scope of work, a comprehensive progress payment schedule, and robust provisions for dispute resolution. While it offers advantages like being homeowner-friendly and easy to use, it may not be suitable for projects requiring specialised work.
Engaging with Contracts Specialist for a meticulous contract review involves:
- An initial consultation to align your expectations and preferences concerning the contract and the construction project.
- A thorough examination of the entire contract, with a focus on crucial clauses and provisions. This review is conducted by our specialist construction lawyers, who possess a deeper understanding of construction law compared to general practitioners.
Our legal advice aims to:
- Highlight key provisions for you to be aware of, enabling effective contract administration.
- Help you preempt potential issues, saving both time and money.
- Ensure that construction work adheres to industry standards.