About Our Law Firm
Contracts Specialist is a law firm specialising in construction litigation, with a deep understanding of the intricacies of NSW courts and tribunals. Although we are not physically located in Tamworth, we are committed to legally serving the residents of Tamworth and its surrounding suburbs—Calala (urban), Hillvue, North Tamworth, South Tamworth, Tamworth CBD – East Tamworth. We offer tailored legal advice to homeowners and builders in these areas.
Our expertise extends to representation at the Fair Trading Office, the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT), and all courts of competent jurisdiction in NSW. We leverage our skills and experience to ensure a favourable outcome for your legal matters.
What is Litigation?
Litigation is a formal legal process that involves resolving disputes in a court setting, presided over by a judge and, at times, a jury. It serves as a method for settling more severe building disputes when initial negotiations or other forms of dispute resolution fail. Engaging in litigation can be both time-consuming and costly. Therefore, it’s crucial to either resolve the dispute expediently or be well-prepared to defend your claims and enforce your rights in court.
When to Seek Litigation
Building Dispute Lawyer
The Litigation Process
- Initial Client Consultation: Also known as the case investigation stage, we review and assess the case to determine the feasibility of filing or defending a lawsuit.
- Pleadings: Our principal construction litigation lawyer, John Dela Cruz, drafts necessary pleadings based on a thorough review of relevant documents and laws.
- Experts and Discovery: We consult experts from various fields, such as structural engineers and architects, to gather pertinent information. Discovery procedures facilitate information exchange between parties.
- Pre-trial Review: This court attendance ensures both parties are prepared for trial, checking compliance with previous court orders and witness availability.
- The Trial: This stage involves witness testimonies, evidence presentation, and persuasive arguments.
- Settlement and Appeal: Settlement can occur at any stage, while an appeal is considered if the trial outcome is not favourable.
Our focus is on achieving the best possible outcome for your construction dispute, whether you’re a homeowner, builder, or contractor.
Meet Our Litigation Lawyer
At Contracts Specialist, our lead Litigation Lawyer, John Dela Cruz, brings over 13 years of specialised experience in construction law to the table. His expertise encompasses a wide range of legal services, from contract review to litigation, and he has represented homeowners, builders, and contractors in NSW, including Tamworth and its surrounding suburbs.
John’s background is rich and diverse, having served as legal counsel for a Dow 30 construction company and as a Government Solicitor. His comprehensive understanding of construction law is augmented by his role as the Divisional President of the Master Builders Association (NSW). With John at the helm, you can expect tailored, expert legal advice for your construction disputes.