About Our Law Firm
Contracts Specialist is renowned for its expertise in addressing building disputes through litigation. While we are not located in Chatswood, we are deeply committed to legally serving the residents of Chatswood and its surrounding suburbs, including Roseville, Castle Cove, Middle Cove, Chatswood West, North Willoughby, Lane Cove, Artarmon, and Willoughby. With a profound understanding of how NSW courts, tribunals, and the Fair Trading Office operate, we provide tailored legal advice to homeowners in these areas, ensuring a favourable resolution to your concerns.
What is Litigation?
Litigation refers to a formal legal process where disputes are resolved under the judgement of a jury and judge, typically within a courtroom setting. It becomes a necessary route for more severe building disputes, especially when initial negotiations falter and a more structured environment is required. While litigation offers a platform to assert and defend one’s rights, it’s essential to recognise its potential in terms of time and financial commitments. Thus, it’s either crucial to seek early resolution or be adequately prepared to uphold your claims and rights in court, especially in the context of building disputes in Chatswood and its surrounding areas.
When to Seek Litigation
Opting for litigation to enforce your rights should ideally be a final measure. Before considering court proceedings, it’s imperative to have explored all available legal avenues to amicably resolve the dispute. If your issue remains unsettled even after pursuing alternative dispute resolution methods like negotiation, mediation, conciliation, Fair Trading proceedings, and tribunal hearings at the NCAT, then turning to litigation becomes a logical progression. For residents in Chatswood and its neighbouring suburbs, understanding when to transition from these preliminary steps to formal litigation is crucial in safeguarding their rights and interests.
Building Dispute Lawyer
Building disputes, often leading to stress and financial setbacks, necessitate prompt resolution to avert further complications. Our adept building dispute lawyers specialise in addressing construction disagreements between all involved parties. When conflicts escalate beyond amicable resolutions, litigation becomes a looming possibility.
The Litigation Process
- Initial Client Consultation: Often termed as the case investigation stage, this initial phase involves meticulous review and assessment of the case by our construction litigation lawyer. The objective is to discern the viability of filing or defending a potential lawsuit.
- Pleadings: Our principal construction litigation lawyer, John Dela Cruz, with vast experience in strata and building disputes, meticulously drafts necessary pleadings after reviewing pertinent documents and laws.
- Experts and Discovery: This phase encompasses expert testimonies and information gathering. Depending on the case’s intricacies, experts from fields like structural engineering, architecture, and more may be consulted. Subsequently, a discovery process ensures transparent information exchange between parties.
- Pre-trial Review: A brief court attendance to ascertain the case’s readiness for trial. The court evaluates compliance with prior orders, witness availability, and other trial prerequisites.
- The Trial: This pivotal stage encompasses witness testimonies, evidence-based arguments, cross-examinations, and more.
- Settlement and Appeal: Settlement can transpire at any juncture during the litigation process. Conversely, if trial outcomes are unsatisfactory, an appeal might be advised.
Meet Our Litigation Lawyer
At Contracts Specialist, we take pride in our Litigation Lawyer, John Dela Cruz, an esteemed figure in construction law with an impressive 13-year track record. John’s vast experience spans roles as legal counsel for a top-tier construction company, a Government Solicitor, and even as the Divisional President of the Master Builders Association (NSW). He’s also the visionary behind Small Builders Building Software. John’s prowess extends to drafting, reviewing, and advising on a myriad of construction contracts, from residential to commercial. His profound understanding of construction law across Australia ensures clients in Chatswood and surrounding suburbs receive unparalleled legal guidance.
Get Legal Advice
Navigating litigation can be both resource-intensive and daunting. Before delving into this formal process, it’s essential to explore non-adversarial alternatives. We strongly recommend seeking legal counsel on your specific situation, ensuring you make a well-informed decision about whether litigation is the right path for your circumstances in Chatswood and its vicinity.
Taking the Lead in Your Legal Journey
While Contracts Specialists may not be physically located in Chatswood or its neighbouring suburbs like Roseville, Castle Cove, and others, we are fully committed to legally serving these areas. Our expertise spans residential and commercial building disputes, payment conflicts, and NCAT proceedings. Trust in our specialised construction law services to guide, represent, and work collaboratively towards the optimal resolution for your construction challenges.