About Our Law Firm
Contracts Specialist is a law firm specialising in construction litigation, well-versed in the intricacies of NSW courts and tribunals. While we are not physically located in Penrith, we exclusively serve residents of Penrith and its surrounding suburbs, including Cambridge Park, Claremont Meadows, Colyton, Cranebrook, and Emu Plains. Our commitment is to provide tailored legal advice and representation, guiding you through processes at the Fair Trading Office, the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT), and all competent NSW courts to achieve a favourable outcome.
What is Litigation?
Litigation is a formal legal process where the resolution of disputes is determined by a judge and jury within a court setting. It often becomes the chosen method for resolving serious building disputes, particularly when initial negotiations, mediation, or other informal methods fail to yield a satisfactory outcome. Engaging in litigation can be both time-consuming and costly. Therefore, it is crucial to either resolve the dispute expediently or be fully prepared to defend your claims and enforce your legal rights in court. This approach is especially pertinent for residents of Penrith and its surrounding suburbs, where such disputes can have lasting impacts.
When to Seek Litigation
Building Dispute Lawyer
Building disputes can be stressful and financially draining. Our building dispute lawyers are adept at resolving construction disagreements between various parties involved. If conflicts persist and cannot be resolved amicably, litigation becomes a viable option, especially for residents in Penrith and its surrounding areas.
The Litigation Process
- Initial Client Consultation: This is the case investigation stage where the matter is thoroughly reviewed to determine the feasibility of filing or defending a lawsuit.
- Pleadings: All relevant documents and laws are reviewed, and necessary pleadings are drafted.
- Experts and Discovery: Consultations with experts in fields like structural engineering and architecture occur. Discovery procedures facilitate information exchange between parties.
- Pre-trial Review: The court assesses the readiness of the case for trial, ensuring compliance with previous orders and checking witness availability.
- The Trial: This stage involves witness testimonies, cross-examinations, and presentation of evidence.
- Settlement and Appeal: Settlement can occur at any stage, and appeals may be considered if the trial outcome is unfavourable.
Our principal construction litigation lawyer, John Dela Cruz, has extensive experience in handling various strata and building disputes, ensuring the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Meet Our Litigation Lawyer
At Contracts Specialist, our principal litigation lawyer, John Dela Cruz, brings over 13 years of specialised experience in construction law to the table. His expertise spans a wide range of legal services, including contract review, mediation, adjudication, and litigation. John has served as legal counsel for a Dow 30 construction company and as a Government Solicitor. He has also been the Divisional President of the Master Builders Association (NSW) and founded Small Builders Building Software.
His comprehensive knowledge in construction law makes him exceptionally qualified to handle various types of construction contracts and disputes. John is committed to providing tailored legal advice to residents of Penrith and its surrounding suburbs.
Get Legal Advice
Litigation can be both costly and time-consuming, often necessitating the exploration of alternative dispute resolution methods first. We strongly recommend seeking legal advice to make an informed decision on whether litigation is the most suitable course of action for your situation, particularly for residents of Penrith and its surrounding areas.