About Our Law Firm
Our law firm brings over 13 years of specialised expertise in Fair Trading contract review to the residents of Albury and its surrounding suburbs, including Thurgoona Growth area, Lavington, East Albury, and North Albury.
Led by our principal attorney, John Dela Cruz, a seasoned specialist in construction law, we are committed to delivering tailored legal advice that caters to the unique needs of homeowners in this region.
At Contracts Specialist, we pride ourselves on offering direct communication with the principal, the utilisation of modern technology to keep you informed, and a strong focus on personalised service. While we may not be physically located in Albury, our dedication to serving the legal needs of the local community remains unwavering. Our 4.9-star rating and positive client testimonials on Google Business reflect our commitment to client satisfaction.
Understanding Fair Trading Contracts
The Fair Trading Contract is a standard building contract offered by the New South Wales government. It’s carefully crafted to ensure fairness and balance for both homeowners and builders, with periodic updates to align with evolving legislation and industry standards.
Key aspects of the Fair Trading Contract encompass a comprehensive scope of work description, detailed terms for progress payment schedules, and provisions for resolving disputes. Standard clauses address common issues like scope modifications and project delays.
Utilising the Fair Trading Contract offers several advantages. It’s readily available, user-friendly, and aims to minimise disputes between homeowners and builders by its inherent fairness.
However, it may not suit every construction project, particularly those requiring specialised work. In such cases, the standard contract may lack the necessary specifics.
Compared to other building contracts, the Fair Trading Contract is generally seen as homeowner-friendly, offering clearer dispute resolution provisions and enhanced homeowner protection. Yet, it may not provide the flexibility some builders require.
What Does a Contract Review Entail?
Engaging Contracts Specialist for a meticulous contract review involves:
- Initial Consultation: We begin with a consultation to understand your contract expectations and project preferences fully.
- Thorough Contract Examination: Our specialised construction lawyers conduct a comprehensive analysis of the entire contract, with a keen focus on critical clauses and provisions. Their expertise in construction law far exceeds that of general practitioners.
When we provide legal advice, we highlight crucial provisions for your attention, empowering you to:
- Effectively Administer Your Contract: We guide you on managing the contract efficiently.
- Prevent Potential Problems: Our insights help you identify and address potential issues proactively.
- Save Time and Money: By avoiding disputes and costly delays.
- Ensure Industry Standards: We ensure that the work adheres to industry norms and standards, safeguarding your interests and investment.
Benefits of Our Services
Time and Money Savings
Minimising Legal Risks
Meet Our Fair Trading Contract Lawyer
Allow us to introduce our Principal Lawyer, John Dela Cruz, a distinguished expert in construction law with over 13 years of invaluable experience. John specialises in delivering construction contract review and advice services to homeowners and contractors in the dynamic NSW construction industry.
John’s journey in construction law encompasses a diverse and accomplished career. He has served as legal counsel for a Dow 30 construction company, bringing unparalleled industry insight. Additionally, John has held a vital role as a Government Solicitor, further enhancing his legal acumen.
His leadership extends to the Divisional President position at the Master Builders Association (NSW), reflecting his dedication to the construction sector. John’s entrepreneurial spirit shines through the founding of Small Builders Building Software.
John’s expertise spans all facets of construction law, including drafting and reviewing various construction contracts. His repertoire covers residential contracts, commercial agreements, and subcontractor arrangements. His profound knowledge of construction law spans across every Australian state, making him proficient in addressing common legal issues pertaining to commercial and construction management contracts.
Get Legal Advice
Why Get Legal Advice?
Obtaining legal advice on your residential building contract is paramount for several compelling reasons:
- Protecting Your Investment: Building your dream home is a substantial life investment. Ensuring your contract aligns with your expectations is vital.
- Cost Implications: Even minor discrepancies or changes in construction projects can translate into significant financial implications, often amounting to thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars.
- Invaluable Investment: Seeking expert legal advice for your residential construction contract is an investment in itself. It offers several advantages, including saving time, minimising unforeseen costs, and guaranteeing work quality.
Our commitment is to provide you with tailored legal advice and guidance for your construction project for Albury. We collaborate closely with you to explore efficient and cost-effective ways to achieve your construction goals while safeguarding your interests.