About Our Law Firm
For over 13 years, our law firm has been a beacon of specialised strata law expertise for the residents of Campbelltown and its surrounding suburbs, including Ambarvale – Englorie Park, Bradbury, Glenfield – Bardia. While we may not be physically located in Campbelltown, our commitment to providing tailored legal advice is unwavering. We deeply understand the distinct needs of strata owners, strata managers, and strata service providers for this region.
Our dedication goes beyond just legal counsel. We pride ourselves on offering personalised service, ensuring direct communication, and leveraging modern technology to keep our clients updated at every stage. This commitment to excellence is evident in our stellar 4.9-star rating and the glowing testimonials from satisfied clients. When you choose our firm, you’re not just getting a lawyer; you’re gaining a partner dedicated to your success.
Strata schemes introduce a unique living arrangement, bringing together diverse individuals under shared spaces. Unlike freestanding homes, strata complexes operate under distinct laws, making them inherently intricate. With multiple owners, each possessing varied personalities and preferences, it’s imperative to have well-defined rules, regulations, and by-laws. These guidelines ensure harmony and smooth operations within the strata complex.
However, the coexistence in shared spaces can sometimes lead to disputes and issues. This is where the expertise of a strata lawyer becomes invaluable. Specialising in strata law, they play a pivotal role in both preventing and addressing any legal challenges that might emerge.
Several crucial legislations govern strata schemes in NSW:
- The Home Building Act 1989 (NSW): This act regulates the residential building sector and specific specialist tasks within NSW.
- The Strata Schemes (Freehold Development) Act: This legislation delineates the ownership system within a Strata Scheme. It grants individuals exclusive ownership of a section of a building, known as their ‘lot’, along with certain rights over the shared parts of the structure. The act elaborates on the subdivision of lots, registration of strata plans, and the management of common property.
- The Strata Schemes Management Act 2015: This act outlines the rights and duties of the Owners Corporation and the individual owners and residents within the Strata Scheme. It encompasses procedures for Owners Corporation meetings, the appointment and responsibilities of an executive committee, financial management, key areas like maintenance and repairs, insurance stipulations, and a process for dispute resolution.
Recovery of Levies
The initial years post the registration of a strata plan often witness the Owners Corporation grappling with building defects. Issues like water ingress, cracks, peeling, and settlement are not uncommon. Leveraging the Home Building Act 1989 (NSW), the Owners Corporation can initiate proceedings. This enforces the statutory warranties, allowing the recovery of costs associated with rectifying the defective work.
Legal Advice and Practical Solutions
Our strata lawyer, backed by their vast experience and deep knowledge in strata law, are equipped to offer both legal advice and practical solutions. At our firm, we:
- Provide precise legal counsel tailored to your strata concerns.
- Enforce your rights, be it through adjudication, courts, or tribunals.
- Expertly negotiate settlements on your behalf.
- Draft comprehensive legal documentation to safeguard your interests.
Benefits of Our Services
Time and Money Savings
Our commitment to client satisfaction is unwavering. When you engage with us, you collaborate directly with our principal lawyer, a seasoned professional with over 13 years of expertise in strata and its associated dispute resolutions.
Meet Our Strata Dispute Lawyer
At Contracts Specialist, we’re proud to have John Dela Cruz as our Principal Lawyer, a stalwart in the realm of construction law with an impressive tenure of over 13 years, specialising in strata disputes.
John’s journey in construction law is both diverse and distinguished. He has donned the hat of a legal counsel for a Dow 30 construction giant and has showcased his expertise as a Government Solicitor. His leadership skills were further highlighted during his tenure as the Divisional President of the Master Builders Association (NSW). Moreover, his entrepreneurial spirit shines through with the founding of Small Builders Building Software.
His prowess isn’t just limited to leadership and entrepreneurship. John’s proficiency in construction law is all-encompassing. From drafting to reviewing a myriad of construction contracts, including intricate strata by-laws, he’s done it all. With a deep understanding of construction law across every Australian state, John is adept at elucidating common legal challenges associated with strata management and disputes.
Get Legal Advice
Strata disputes, with their intricate nature, often demand a nuanced understanding, particularly when it comes to construction contracts and levy payments. Our specialist strata lawyer is equipped with the expertise to navigate these complexities. Whether you’re an owner of a strata title lot, a part of a strata corporation, on an executive committee, or a strata manager, our tailored advice is designed to cater to your unique needs. We don’t just offer advice; we represent and advocate for our clients, ensuring that their interests are always at the forefront. Dive into the world of strata with confidence, knowing you have seasoned experts by your side.