About Our Law Firm
Contracts Specialist brings over 13 years of specialised expertise in commercial construction contracts to the builders and contractors of Campbelltown and the surrounding suburbs of Ambarvale – Englorie Park, Bradbury, Glenfield – Bardia. Our focus is on contract review, negotiation, drafting, and resolving construction disputes through various means, including alternative dispute resolution and litigation. While we are not physically located in Campbelltown, our commitment to providing tailored legal advice and personalised service to this region is unwavering. Our use of modern technology ensures direct communication and keeps clients informed throughout their case.
Commercial contracts are pivotal documents for non-residential building projects for Campbelltown and its surrounding suburbs. They encapsulate specific agreements between parties, detailing their contractual obligations and the scope of works, and are typically employed for business-oriented projects.
There are several types of commercial contracts tailored to diverse business requirements:
- Fixed-price contracts: The contractor commits to completing the project for a predetermined price.
- Cost-plus contracts: The contractor receives reimbursement for the project cost plus an agreed fee.
- Time and materials contracts: Billing is based on the actual costs of labour, materials, and equipment utilised.
Each contract type offers its own set of benefits and challenges. It’s imperative to discern the most suitable one for your business venture. Engaging a commercial construction lawyer can guide you in this selection.
A comprehensive commercial contract should encompass:
- Project Details: Describing the work, project location, and completion timeline.
- Contract Information: Names of parties, contract signing date, and agreement duration.
- Customer Details: Contact information of the client.
- Terms and Conditions: Rights, responsibilities, payment terms, dispute resolution methods, warranties, or guarantees.
- Scope of Works: Specific tasks and deliverables.
- Special Conditions: Any project-specific provisions.
- Insurances: Mandatory insurance details.
- Contract Price: Payment terms and total amount.
Incorporating these elements ensures clarity, legal binding, and minimises potential disputes.
Our meticulous contract review process ensures compliance, safeguards your rights, and effectively manages potential risks. We aim to preemptively address potential disputes during the construction phase, ensuring your project progresses without hitches.
Meet Our Principal Lawyer
At Contracts Specialist, our beacon of legal expertise is our Principal Lawyer, John Dela Cruz. Boasting over 13 years of dedicated experience in construction law, John has carved a niche in providing Commercial construction services to builders and contractors for Campbelltown and its surrounding suburbs.
John’s journey in construction law is both diverse and illustrious. He has donned the role of legal counsel for a globally renowned Dow 30 construction company and has contributed his expertise as a Government Solicitor. His leadership skills shone as the Divisional President of the Master Builders Association (NSW), and his entrepreneurial spirit led to the founding of Small Builders Building Software.
His prowess encompasses drafting and reviewing a myriad of construction contracts, from residential to commercial and subcontractor agreements. With a deep understanding of construction law across all Australian states, John is adept at elucidating common legal intricacies related to commercial and construction management contracts.